Tuesday, July 1, 2014

of trinkets and garbage....

I started this blog six years ago out of the need to have an avenue for venting my everyday musings... without having to bother my friends or family or the people around me with these matters...

And right now, in the middle of a highly mathematical meeting, - when I should have been listening, analyzing and throwing out my two cents, I tuned out- I chanced upon one of the oldest entries that i did. I can't seem to remember what I was ranting about at that time, the person who I was referring to or any other details about the entry... I feel like I'm reading about a young adult, seemingly knowing so much about the world, yet still very much like a little kid...

Some of the phrases gave me a time warp ride.... In a blink of an eye, it took me back to the exact spot,  the wind that blew on my hair and my face 6 years ago went by my way again... Made me remember on what it felt like to be young and vulnerable and... a lot of things I thought were buried in the past. but unlike now, I felt stoic... like an untouched spectator merely looking through a glass window as the scenes unfold... not even a tick of hurt... Numb. 

this is testament that TIME really can be your bestest best friend... the universal remedy to all the hurts and pains in the world. back then, I never thought that arriving in this state of mind is possible... Coming from a place that took me on the brink of craziness. Prolly it was just too much for a kid to handle. 

Having this kind of realization, I know that another 6 years down the line, when I read this entry, I'd still be shaking my head in disbelief as to how I never cease to be all-knowing.... :) Always thinking that I have accumulated enough knowledge already...

But in reality, we never really stop learning... never stop realizing... never stop finding new meaning in old things...
Although the good thing about taking a glance in the past from time to time, is that you get to appreciate everything that you have picked up along the way.... all the junk... and all the treasures... and the seemingly random stuff...
It makes up for a pretty colorful package :)

No comments: